We may obtain personal information from Qualitymark Protection Accredited Installers and their clients for the installations they undertake, or from other third-party sources. We may therefore collect and process the following type of data:
For clients of our installers or the public:
- Information that our installers provide about you via our on-line registration system or manually. This would include your name and address along with information about the work which has been undertaken. We hold and use this information as it is in ours and our installers legitimate interests to do so. The information is used for the administration of the product offered and monitoring the conduct of our installers.
- If you contact us, by way of any enquiry, including a complaint about an installer, we will retain a record. We will usually take details of your name and address along with details of your enquiry and our reply. We hold and use this information as it is in our and our installers legitimate interests.
For installers or employees of installers:
- Information that you or your employer provide either manually or through our on-line registration system, which may include your name and address along with information about your role in the installer firm. Information may be provided as part of an application to Qualitymark Protection or to enable us to administer the product (and the contract you enter for this). Where you are an employee of the installer, we hold and use the information as it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- If you contact us, by way of complaint or otherwise, we will keep a record of that. Where you are the installer, we hold and use the information as part of your agreement with the scheme. Where you are an employee of the installer, we hold and use the information as it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- We may obtain credit checks, identity checks and other due diligence checks carried out against you, your address(es) or your business(es) and copies of any references taken or this information is obtained from third parties such as credit reference agencies. We collect this information where you are the installer, applying to register with Qualitymark Protection or have significant control of an installer. We hold and use this as part of our entry into a contract with an installer.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information concerning your registration with Qualitymark Protection. Personal data is not made available other than to those it concerns, to installers who have provided the data to us or as set out in this policy.
- To obtain the insurance cover. We will share any details which the insurer requires of an installer and their clients. The client will be provided with an insurance policy confirming their cover. The insurer will process the information as data controller as they have a legitimate interest in this to provide the required cover.
- To provide Accredited Installers and their clients with information, products or services that they request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our Accredited Installers obligations under the contract with Qualitymark Protection.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud.
- For Legal and Regulatory reasons.
We may disclose your personal information to certain third parties for example:
- The Insurer
- Certification Bodies
- Code Sponsors
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Other financial institutions
- Legal and Regulatory authorities such has the Financial Conduct Authority and the Information Commissioners Office. The third parties will process the information for us under contractual arrangements; to credit and fraud reference agencies and identity checkers who act under agreements with us but also have a legitimate interest in your data.
If you require details of the Insurer this will be included in the insurance policy provided to you when work is registered with us.
We have contracts in place with all third parties to whom we provide your data to and they are required to ensure that all the requirements of the Data Protection legislation are met.
You have several rights in relation to your personal information. These are:
- The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what we are using and how;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office;
- The right to request we rectify any inaccurate data or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
- The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask us to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so we will do so;
- The right to restrict what we do with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful or if we only need the data to meet legal requirements;
- The right to receive the data we hold about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere.
- The right to object to further processing of your data if it is inconsistent with the main reason for which it was collected.
We will retain your data for as long as it is reasonably required for our legitimate purposes and to meet our regulatory requirements, and for no longer than is necessary.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
We may collect information about your computer including where available, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
We might also use the information to analyse trends, learn more about user’s interests, assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and gather broad demographic information for our own internal use. It will also be used for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions, patterns and to identify unique visits to our website and does not identify any individual. However, there are instances on our website where personal data will need to be provided. In this instance, we will only use this information in accordance with applicable data protection rules and where you have provided consent.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service and for analytical purposes.
We also make use of a custom audience pixel which is a tiny piece of Java script inserted onto each of our web pages and this is used for social media platforms. This pixel records information about the user’s browser session, so that we can address our visitors for commercial purposes. The user’s information will be deleted after 180 days until the user visits the website again.
To opt-out, for Facebook, please visit https://en-gb.facebook.com/about/basics/advertising/ad-preferences or for Linkedin, please visit https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at The Data Protection Officer, Qualitymark Protection, Chatsworth House, Ackhurst Business Park, Foxhole Road, Chorley, PR7 1NY.
Alternatively, you can contact us via email at email@example.com or by telephone on 0345 340 0524.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk